What is utPLSQL¶
utPLSQL is a Unit Testing framework for Oracle PL/SQL. The framework follows industry standards and best patterns of modern Unit Testing frameworks like JUnit and RSpec
Have a look at utPLSQL demo project to see:
- sample code and tests
- demo of deployment automation that leverages:
- Flyway / Liquidbase for scripting and deployment of DB changes
- Docker container with Oracle XE Database
- GitHub Actions and Azure Pipelines to orchestrate the deployment and testing process
- utPLSQL framework for writhing, execution of tests as well as reporting test results and code coverage
- Sonar for code quality gate, test results and code coverage reporting
With just three simple steps you can define and run your unit tests for PLSQL code.
- Install the utPLSQL framework
- Create Unit Tests to for the code
- Run the tests
Here is how you can simply create tested code, unit tests and execute the tests using SQL Developer
Check out the sections on annotations and expectations to see how to define your tests.
You can use the utPLSQL command line client utPLSQL-cli to run tests without the need for Oracle Client or any IDE like SQLDeveloper/TOAD etc.
Amongst many benefits they provide ability to:
- see the progress of test execution for long-running tests - real-time reporting
- use many reporting formats simultaneously and save reports to files (publish)
- map your project source files and test files into database objects
Download the latest client and you are good to go. See project readme for details.
It is best to use utPLSQL-cli or execute tests and gather code coverage from command line. Check out the coverage documentation for options of coverage reporting
Created: October 23, 2016 20:53:00